Wednesday 17 January 2007

tree hill

Every time we went into Rome from Monterotondo, we passed this hill, that seems to be a perfect cylinder with a clump of trees on it. It really had such magical appeal to me.

This porcelain shrine was quite a surprise to me. It is one of the Vatican's treasures. The height is about 2m and it is possibly one of the most magnificently kitch things i have ever seen. So much so that i really like it.
I found the ancient sculptures really beautiful and took lots of photos of them for future reference. They especially because i have been looking at Rodin's work too, and really dying to make something 3d. Well... do it some wise people have told me... will keep you posted if anything materialises.
I have been working on my painting every day and will post progress soon.
take care!

No comments: