Saturday 23 December 2006

visiting family and friends

Its been a lovely day of meeting friends and family. We collected Francesco's mother from the hospital where she had stayed overnight with one of his aunts who had an operation the day before. Getting back to Monterotondo took about 20 min, yesterday the same stretch of road from the hospital had taken over two hours to pass because of bad traffic... can you imagine!!!
Then we went to a supermarket to buy Pandoro and wine for gifts, and then to two of his really good friends. The last stop was his Nonna's house. She showed us all he family photos and a stack of postcards from all over Italy. Back to his home, ate some dinner with his mom...and that's it, a lovely day. I really want to learn Italian now, it would be lovely to be able to understand what everone is saying. I pick up the subject of the conversation but that's about it. Well, it will take some time! Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, I'm looking forward to learning all about how its done here! Love to my dear family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah

Looks like you had a wonderful time in Italia. No, I am not jealous. Jealous is a complete understatement!!!

Lol k

Anonymous said...

wow!! Italy...makes me think: I often sing arias and songs in Italian, never know what the hell im singing... getting an idea now...great!